June & July 2010 : Months That I'll Never Forget

Hello all! :D

First of all, thanks for having liked my last blogpost. :) Really made me extremely happy!

Secondly, my apologies for not having written for so long. The reasons WHY I couldn't write anything during the last two months, will be explained in this current blogpost. So stay tuned, because the show is about to begin! Lol ;)

In short, I will be discussing three main topics in this post;

  1. June and July: Months of Success and Happiness
  2. Cricket: India vs Sri Lanka, Australia vs Pakistan
  3. Movies: Hindi movies, 'Toy Story 3', 'Eclipse' and 'Inception'
Quite a normal pattern that I've been following in all my posts, I guess... So well, here goes!

June and July 2010

Well, as you guys may have read and noticed in my last blogpost, I had my crucial final Maturity Exams during the whole month of June. The title of my blogpost is indeed a good overview of what June actually was for me; unforgettable. Thirteen exams in a span of one month was extremely hectic, and nerve-wrecking. But what was even more unforgettable, was what followed; the Results. Surprisingly, I was even more anxious before the display of the results, than I actually was during my exams! Then came the board of the results... and yes, I PASSED! :D Check out this video to see my various college-mates' reactions at their results:

   


Thrilling, isn't it? :) To see my name on that board, was just so relieving! Plus, to go back home and celebrate it with the family was even more lovely. :) So yes, overall, it was a great experience. One of the best moments of my life!

Just like I said in one of my first blogposts, Life is indeed a Rollercoster ride... ups and downs all throughout.. And when it goes down and down, you get a feeling it will remain there.. but no, just when it has reach its lowest level, it's time to take it UP again! :D That's the beauty of Life.


And then came the Graduation Ceremony. Although Modesty is very much required at those times, I felt a lot of Pride in holding that piece of paper in my hands. My hard-earned, well-deserved 'Maturité' (the diploma you get after four years of college). And what was even more amazing, was the atmosphere in the auditorium. All the students screaming out of excitement, families cheering for the loved ones, ... it felt as if we were in a Stadium, than an auditorium! :D


So yes, June was indeed a very special month for me. Loved every bit of how it ended.

And then came July, a month where I experienced an important aspect of Life; Work. A summer job is not always convenient, especially when one really really wants to be on holidays after such a stressful period of exams. 

However, it was a good experience. My office colleagues are extremely friendly, and I've been given light tasks to complete. So not really a burden, I guess. On the contrary, I learned a lot during this month of July. So, I'm hoping that I would get to do yet another summer job next year, since it's always good to add those references in your CV.

And July will also be positively unforgettable for the following main event which occurred to me; the arrival of a new member in our family. :D My aunt gave birth to a lovely girl, Geethika.. and I've become extremely fond of her! :) I've always dreamt of having a little sister, and well, God has fulfilled that wish of mine! Yay! :D

So those were the reasons why June and July 2010 will remain carved in my memories forever. :)

Now, it's time for Cricket and Movies news! :D

Cricket

First of all, I salute Muttiah Muralitharan. 800 wickets is indeed an unmatchable feat. It was a pleasure watching him spin the ball so marvelously, and I guess now that Kumble, Warne and him have retired, the spin department will really need some new wizards to show their magic. Harbhajan Singh is the only name that comes to my mind. Lol :P






Hmm, probably for the first time in my life, I didn't mind seeing India losing their 1st Test vs Sri Lanka. Because at least Muralitharan got to finish off his career with a fairy-tale ending! It really made me glad to see him achieve that milestone. So cheers to Murali! :)

Interestingly, I was more glued while watching Pakistan-Australia, rather than India-Sri Lanka! Because it really made me super-excited to watch the mighty Australian team lose to Pakistan! I mean, 88 all-out.. and that too Australia? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those figures on the scorecard! Too good to be true! (Without meaning any offense to the Australian team, lol :P)


So yeah, two good series going on... Looking forward to both of those series! Go Pakistan, and go India! (wow, have you ever heard anybody shouting out for both countries? lol :P)


Movies

And now, for the final topic of this blog; Movies. Many many good movies have released, and are going to release... and I want to see them all!   

But before coming to those, let's quickly review few movies which released in the past months.

'Raavan' was a flop. And I guess it deserved its fate, since the movie was nothing 'out-of-the-world' as people expected. Of course, the cinematography was excellent, and music was great too... but that was all that came out of it.

'I Hate Luv Storys' was a nice entertainer. Light-hearted romantic comedies are often winners in Bollywood. And this one was one for sure. :)

Now, those were the movies that released and that I saw. Now there are other movies which look interesting.

In Bollywood, 'Tere Bin Laden' looks to be a funny movie. 'Khatta Meetha' looks to be a boring rip-off of yet another Malayalam film by Priyadarshan. But there are two big movies which I'm really looking for; 'Dabangg' and 'Aisha'.

Check out the following promos:

Dabangg - first trailer ... Salman is looking in GREAT form!





'Suno Aisha' - Aisha ... Isn't Sonam just too gorgeous? :D

   
I'm DEFINITELY going to watch Aisha this time... and I'm sure it's going to be fun! :D

Dabangg also looks like fun :)


Now coming to Hollywood films; 

I REALLY REALLY want to watch 'Eclipse', as I have read its book and I loved it!


'Toy Story 3' looks to be a nice way to end the Toy Story series. Looks very interesting as well :)


But the movie I'm really really eager to watch is 'Inception'... as I'm a big fan of such movies, which really make you think for it to make sense!


Well, that's all I got to say about movies for this blogpost. :)


Concluding Note

It's really been a pleasure to write yet another blogpost. Interestingly, June and July are NOT the best months of my Life. Because I'm getting a feeling that August will be even MORE fantastic, since I will be probably having my BEST TRIP to India EVER. My trip to Mumbai this year will be very eventful... and I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to it!!! Am sure I will enjoy every single bit of it! :D And then in September, I will be joining the University of Geneva in the faculty of Maths :) So very eventful months are on the way for me.

So here's bidding you 'Goodbye', enjoy the summer if you are in Europe, and enjoy the Monsoons if you are in India, and most importantly, enjoy LIFE wherever you are! Lol ;)

A final quote to finish off this post:

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

 
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Love,
Santhosh 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09/10 - Combined Hindi Music Review: Anjaana Anjaani & Robot

The Avengers (2012) - I'm part of the hype.. oh yes, I am!

2016 Year In Review for Bollywood, and Upcoming 2017 Releases