In the middle of November, a stressful, eventful, yet beautiful month!



Site: http://bollychirp-cricshout-and-others-lol.blogspot.com/

Hello to all!

Well, I'm super super happy of the feedback I got for my last blogpost, talking about Luck and Destiny, and I got a very interesting feedback from a friend who actually said that it was "an eyeopener" for her... Well, I'm glad that my blog actually makes you think, since that's one of my aims through it!
For those don't see a clue of what I'm talking about, I'd advise you to check the following link and read my previous blogpost!

http://bollychirp-cricshout-and-others-lol.blogspot.com/2009/10/never-ending-tornado-not-rollercoaster.html

This is the first blogpost that I'm actually sharing on Facebook, so I would actually like to welcome you guys, if you are reading a post of mine for the first time! I would suggest that you read my first post, so that you know what shape my posts will have, and please do give me your comments on that: http://bollychirp-cricshout-and-others-lol.blogspot.com/2009/09/stepping-stone-number-one-im-crossing.html

OK, enough Thank Yous and suggestions from my side, so let's have a look at the content of my current blogpost, lol:

  • Short talk about Hard Work and Efforts (according to me!)
  • Google Wave
  • Bollywood talk: weird news; 'Jail' a flop, and 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani' a hit!
  • My Travail de Maturité
  • and finally the usual BCFQC to end up this post (= BOLLY VIDEOS OF WEEK+ CRICKET INFO FOR THE WEEK+ FUNNY STUFF OF THE WEEK+ QUOTE OF THE WEEK+Concluding note)
Okay, so November has been quite a tough month for me... since I had SO MANY exams to catch up... What people tend to do in my situation is panic, and that's where stress and frustration come in the equation. Well, that's what happened to me, but as they say "You should be controlling the stress, the stress shouldn't control you!"

The one thing that helped me keep my breath till the hard time got over is to remember that Efforts and Hard Work will only pay off if we give our 100% at what we give. This goes with what I said in my last post, the results are not always in our hand, but at least you know that you gave your maximum efforts...


And if things go bad this time, then in the words of Shahrukh Khan in Om Shanti Om, "To woh THE END nahi... Picture abhi bhi baaki hai mere dost... Picture abhi bhi baaki hai!" (for those who don't know Hindi, its a dialog in which SRK says "Today I realize that like our movies, in our life, by the end everything gets resolved... happy endings... But if it isn't resolved, then it is not THE END yet, because the picture is still not over my friend, the picture 's still not over...")
 
Well, that was for the philosophical part of the blog... now time for me to give short review of Google Wave. For those who don't know what Google Wave is, I'd advise them to take out 1 hour and 20 minutes of their life to watch this long, but SUPER-IMPRESSIVE video presenting the new website:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ&feature=player_embedded

 
Personally, I really don't like it much so far, since it's quite complicated for newbies like me, but I'm sure that Google Wave will find more users, and that once people actually start using it fully, that's when the fun will start! It's like Twitter.. it used to be very boring at first for me, but when I knew that there filmstars on it, and that they actually reply to you, I started using it fully, plus it's very fun to use the "@" and "#" functions in your Tweets (interestingly, they even started using the @ function on Facebook now!)

Unfortunately, I do not have the function where I can invite people to GWave, but once I do, I will surely inform you guys, and that's when I will start sending them out for those who are interested...

Ok, now it's time for some Bollywood talk (people who aren't interested, please skip to the next paragraphs, lol!) :

Unfortunately, the movie 'Jail' has turned out to be a mega-flop, which I find very sad. It's been made by National-Award(s)-winning filmmaker, Madhur Bhandarkar, plus it treats a very delicate issue of how people are treated in jails. I'm pretty sure that it should be a good movie, so my advice to people would be to go ahead and watch it!

The reason why this happened is the release of comedy flick 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani', which on the contrary is turning out to be a mega-hit! One of the biggest openers of the year, actually! And what's not to like? Answer to that: Nothing, since Ranbir Kapoor is rocking, Katrina Kaif looks in terrific form, Pritam's music attracts the masses and appeals to all, and to top it all, it's been directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, the guy whose last comedy movie was Andaz Apna Apna! I personally just laugh looking at the promos of the flick, so I'm hoping that I won't die of laughter watching the entire movie...

Anyways, Bhandarkar did a wrong thing by releasing this movie at the same time of this biggie, that's the main reason why 'Jail' flopped according to me... (Plus, I add that the music of Jail is BAD, apart from the songs 'Saiyan Ve' and 'Milke Yun Laga')

Now finally, before ending up this post with the usual BCFQC, here's to inform that I finally completed my
'Travail de Maturité' this week! (= the final year project that consists of writing 6000-8000 words on any subject you like..)

I wrote it on one of my favorite movies of all-time, Taare Zameen Par, and on the topic that appears in the movie; Dyslexia. For those who are interested to read it, I can send a copy of my TM by e-mail.


Alright then! Time for the BCFQC! (for those on Facebook, I advise you to go directly on the blog link, so that you can view the videos on them)


B - Bolly Videos of the Week

3 Idiots - starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Madhavan, Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani ... movie looks very interesting!



Paa - starring Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan and Paresh Rawal ... wow, doesn't Amitabh just perform so BRILLIANTLY as a child? Plus, the music of Illaiyaraja is so so melodious...



Song Paisa from the movie De Dana Dan, starring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Paresh Rawal and Sunil Shetty... wooow, Katrina is looking her BEST in this song! But yes, I also noticed that the tune is copied from Usher's song "Yeah"



C - Cricket Info for the Week

Ok, so we lost vs Australia in a very shameful manner... Big deal! These are just learning curves for our Indian team, to prepare us for the World Cup 2011... I was anyway glad to see centuries from the two big pillars of our team, Mr. Sachin Tendulkar and Mr. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and the birth of new all-rounders in Praveen Kumar and Harbhajan Singh (who unfortunately couldn't do well with the ball, lol! yet, it was amazing to watch them bat so so well...)

I would like to mainly salute to Sachin Tendulkar for having completed 20 years in the Indian Team. 20 Years of Greatness in a career that I can't describe in a mere blogpost... so here's a link to an amazing article written by Harsha Bhogle:

Sachin's mind is still strong



http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/433347.html

F - Funny Stuff for the Week

Here's a witty Tweet I saw on my Twitter timeline:

RT @BestAt RT @sween: Before the Internet, if someone disappeared, it meant you should go looking for them. Now it means they got a life.


Q - Quote of the Week

"By wishing something, nothing ever happens... even by working hard for it, sometimes nothing happens... so all that's left is to be happy that you made efforts! Let there be hope and optimism thereafter..."

-Santhosh Muraleedharan

C - Concluding Note Well, that's all for this time, I hope you enjoyed reading this, as much I enjoyed writing it! :) Do keep reading my posts, and please continue to give me your frank opinion on my posts... Till then, thanks for reading my post, cheerios, take care and most importantly: KEEP SMILING! Yours truly, Santhosh





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09/10 - Combined Hindi Music Review: Anjaana Anjaani & Robot

The Avengers (2012) - I'm part of the hype.. oh yes, I am!

2016 Year In Review for Bollywood, and Upcoming 2017 Releases